Wednesday, June 23, 2010

 

Why are humans more intelligent than animals?

A theory to answer this popped into my head the other day, so I thought I'd better write it down before I forget:-

My theory is that it is because we are hardwired to desire social interaction almost as much as pure survivial. Animals are only hardwired to survive. The human desire for social interaction requires much more intelligence (e.g. to learn to communicate) and in turn we gravitate towards those that seem the most "social" (e.g. witiest, more friendly etc...), thus increasing social/intelligence skills in a Darwin kind of way.

(This is all coming straight from my head as I type it. One day I might re-word it to make slightly more sense).

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?