Thursday, January 10, 2008

 

Owning what you pay for

It's a fading concept, and these days do you rarely "own" what you actually pay for. When you buy software, you'll find you're not buying the software, but rather buying a licence to use the software.

It seems that tickets (to, say, concerts) are going a similar way. MPs have said that "Artists and sports bodies should share profits from tickets resold". Why are these special?

If I buy a car, and then want to sell it on, Nissan don't get any of the money. The same goes for almost everything else I own. What's the difference with tickets? If I was to buy one, and wanted to sell it on, why shouldn't I be able to? I own it! The band who are putting on the show already have their money at the price they wanted, but it seems they want more. Why didn't they just sell the ticket for a higher price?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?