Tuesday, January 08, 2008

 

"Administrative Failings"

Cabinet minister Peter Hain has apologised for failing to register some of the donations given to his Labour deputy leadership campaign. Although he declared donations of £82,000, the Guardian newspaper claims the real figure may be over £100,000.

The Work and Pensions Secretary said he blamed "administrative failings".

So if I don't pay my car tax on time, can I use the excuse of "it was an administrative failing"?

Which is the more serious? Not paying car tax on time, or a politician accepting money and not revealing it? I don't see Peter Hain being fined. Is it just me, but when politicans suddenly "discover" that they've not registered a donation, all tyey do is then register it, and that's all. What about fining them? And what about all the undiscovered donations?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?