Wednesday, August 08, 2007

 

Land of the Free..?

I almost couldn't believe this when I read it - in America, they have to have special "zones", and they are the only places where you are completely free to speak. This was created by the Secret Service for President George W. Bush and other members of his administration. The government has the power to move anyone to one of these areas.

Needless to say the Government uses this system to move protestors as far away from any passing official as possible.

BTW, I should also make clear that I'm no America-bashing here, but I can't believe that it's got to the stage over there that free speech is only allowed in certain areas!

And I don't want to drag terrorism into everything, but it seems to me that America (and the UK) has got it's enemies completely mixed up.

Comments:
Blimey. That was news to me as well Steve. I cannot believe that the Bush administartion can talk of spreading freedom and democracy across the globe while also legislating where people can exercise this right.
 
Another day, another step closer to neocon totalarianism.

Mack
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?