Thursday, April 26, 2007

 

Microsoft Stunts Human Advancement

In following up one of my previous posts (M$ to sell Windows for $3), I just stumbled across this quote from Joel Spolsky:-

It is extremely frustrating how much you have to run in place just to keep where you were before with Microsoft's products, where every recent release requires hacks, workarounds, and patches just to get to where you were before.

I couldn't put it better myself. When will people realise that the choice of Microsft is crippling technology advancements and reducing choice? I often deliberately anger myself by just thinking how much more advanced computers and software would be if Microsoft wasn't so useless.

I reckon that just be writing the bug-ridden, standards-non-complient, spyware-prone webbrowser called IE, they've stunted software advancement by years if not decades. Every minute of every day, millions of people are wasting their time trying to get around problems created by Microsoft, when they could be writing better software.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?