Thursday, November 30, 2006

 

Fun and Games

You may have noticed the interesting discussion I had with Anonymous in the comments section of some of my earlier posts. I enjoyed it so much, it gave me an idea of something else to do - more fun than writing a blog even! I now hunt out other blogs that I vehemently disagree with, and post comments to them. Not in the same vein as Anonymous did; I prefer to use facts to back up my statements, and I always try to be polite.

The first blog I came across is this one. It's called USS Neverdock, and some of the posts are so easy to disagree and disprove that it's great fun deciding the best way to discredit it. Strangely however, I don't think I was that welcome, and it now moderates comments (and mine now don't appear). However, if you're bored, why not have a game and see how long before they can't stand the truth and block your comments?

I'll post with other sites when I find them. It's like shooting fish in a barrel.

Comments:
I have often posted on USS Neverdock, the vitriol is quite entertaining (my favourite is KHarn - a total moron). What I find particularly entertaining at the moment is despite his support of free speech, Marc now moderates his comments. Hilarious!
 
You hit the nail on the head there. Maybe I'm being big-headed, but I think he only started moderating the comments after I pretty much blitzed all his latest postings with facts disproving his points. I was a bit annoyed afterwards to find most of my comments hadn't been published.

That Bill Grant is quite a card as well.
 
you must have gone pretty far, because i have been winding them up for ages and he never resorted to that!! You should have seen the comments when I commented on the lack of coverage of the chemical explosives story in Burnley. Despite having the tag line about 'Reporting on terrorism', it never got a mention. They went mad when I brought that one up!!!
 
What's scary is that Marc used to work in US Naval Intelligence. If everyone in the military has the same opinions as him, WWIII can't be that far away. No wonder they assumed there were WMD's around - they just see what they want to see.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?