Thursday, June 22, 2006

 

Abortion and the Law

Aparently, there is "substantial and growing disquiet in Britain at the numbers of abortions". I'd just like to add my 2p's worth, and that's that there is no disquiet from me. (I have personal experience on this, BTW, but I won't let that cloud my opinion). It annoys me when people think they can judge public opinion. Surely only newspaper editors can do that!

One thing I noticed from the article: "A survey by the Observer newspaper earlier this year showed that half of women wanted tougher laws." Why women? An abortion affects only 3 people in the main: the father, the mother and the baby. It doesn't affect any *other* woman, so who cares whether they want the abortion laws toughened? If they don't like abortion, they don't have to have one, but (along with religion) they should keep their noses out of issues that are non of their business.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?