Tuesday, April 25, 2006

 

"I Accept Full Responsibility"


What do those words mean exactly? Especially when you're the Home Secretary saying them after it's been discovered that over 1,000 foreign criminals have not been deported when they should? It's the perfect phrase designed to placate the press and public by seeming to shoulder the blame, but yet shouldering no blame what-so-ever.

[Update]
I've been thinking about this for a while, and I think I've worked out why Charles Clarke is the way he is (i.e. a bully, fascist etc..). Let's face it (and I'm saying this scientifically, not as a personal attack in a New Labour-stylee), he probably didn't have an easy time in schools what with his looks. And now, after putting up with bullies and taunts at school, he's finally decided to get his own back, and the whole of England is going to pay the price. With everything he does, from forcing us to have ID Cards to letting criminals disappear, he's saying "there you go, stitch that! That will teach you to take the mickey out of me. Look who's in charge now!".

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?