Wednesday, November 30, 2005

 

Write To Them

If you don't know, the WriteToThem website is a great tool for writing to your MP. You just fill in your details, write your letter, and they do all the boring stuff like post it.

However, I think MPs are getting wise to it, and have started writing "stock" replies to common points. I wrote to my MP, starting with a brief thank-you (one sentence) for voting against the 90-day thingie, but then went on to descibe my dismay at the Extradition Act 2003, which allows them to pick and choose UK citizens and extradite them to America without the usual legal hinderance.

To cut a long story short, my two-page letter simply described his reasons for voting against the 90-day amandment. No mention of any Extradition Act. I'll not be voting Conservative (not that I do anyway) if they won't at least acknowledge my views.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?