Monday, November 07, 2005

 

Automatic Renewal Clause???!!!

I was just about to fill in the mountain of forms I received from Hastings to take up their car insurance, when I spotted something in the small print. It basically went along the lines of:

"For your protection, we reserve the right to automatically renew your car insurance at the end of the period unless you tell us not to."

"For my protection"?? Ha. This kind of thing just makes me angry. I only asked for one years car insurance, not a lifetime. What would it be like if every company we ever bought something from did this? Life's complicated enough without having to keep track of every single thing you buy and making sure your not going to be sold it again unless you contact the company again (which normally involves wasted time in a phone queue). Its another example of companies getting money out of people by deception. I'm sure they'd say something along the lines of "it's for your convenience". If so, why not ask me instead of inflicting it upon me?

In the end I went with Tesco. It took about 10 mins from start to finish, and was only about a tenner more.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?