Sunday, October 02, 2005

 

Anyone Can Be A Terrorist Now

In my opinion, by far the worst aspect of the story about the 82-year-old Labour Party Member who was thrown out of the Labour party conference for heckling, is the fact that afterwards he was held under the Terrorism Act! If ever there was any proof needed that this law can and is being abused by the authorities, then surely this is it. I can't think of a more unlikely terrorist, and I think we all should be worried about our lives if all it takes is to heckle an MP to accused of being a terrorist and held.

This is just the worst aspect. This whole story stinks from beginning to end:-
I for one will be joining the Labour party so I can then resign in protest.

Comments:
Walter Wolfgaang was not an MP, he was an ordinary pary member
 
Thanks for pointing that out (and I don't mean that sarcastically). I believe it's important to get the facts correct in order for arguments to have merit. It was my mistake in misusing the term MP (which I often use as an umbrella term for anybody attached to a political party), but thankfully I think my point still stands.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?